Can stored procedure return resultset?
In addition to returning output parameters, a stored procedure can return a result set (that is, a result table associated with a cursor opened in the stored procedure) to the application that issues the CALL statement.
How do you store the result of a stored procedure in a table?
Once you have the list of columns, it’s just a matter of formatting it to suit your needs.
- Step 1: Add “into #temp” to the output query (e.g. “select […] into #temp from […]”).
- Step 2: Run sp_help on the temp table. (
- Step 3: Copy the data columns & types into a create table statement.
How do I return a SQL resultset from a stored procedure?
To return a result set from an SQL procedure:
- Specify the DYNAMIC RESULT SETS clause in the CREATE PROCEDURE statement.
- DECLARE the cursor using the WITH RETURN clause.
- Open the cursor in the SQL procedure.
- Keep the cursor open for the client application – do not close it.
Can a stored procedure return multiple tables?
Stored procedures can return multiple result sets.
How do you write a return statement in SQL?
The return status value can be included in subsequent Transact-SQL statements in the batch or procedure that executed the current procedure, but it must be entered in the following form: EXECUTE @return_status = .
Can a stored procedure return multiple rows?
The stored procedure transformation is a passive transformation, so its not able to handle many rows returned as a table type in one parameter. Thats where I am facing the issue. in that case, you will have to insert the records in to a table within the stored procedure. The multiple rows is the least of your worries.
Can SQL procedure return a value?
Return Value in SQL Server Stored Procedure In default, when we execute a stored procedure in SQL Server, it returns an integer value and this value indicates the execution status of the stored procedure. The 0 value indicates, the procedure is completed successfully and the non-zero values indicate an error.
Can we have RETURN statement in procedure?
You can use one or more RETURN statements in a stored procedure. The RETURN statement can be used anywhere after the declaration blocks within the SQL-procedure-body. To return multiple output values, parameters can be used instead. Parameter values must be set prior to the RETURN statement being executed.
What is a return value in SQL?
Right Click and select Execute Stored Procedure
How to execute stored procedure in SQL Server?
– First, create a stored procedure that uses multiple parameters to execute some task and return the result. – Next, store the result returned by a stored procedure in a table variable. – In the end, use the SELECT statement to fetch some data from the table variable.
How to execute function in SQL with parameters?
How to execute a user-defined function in SQL with parameters
What are stored procedures in SQL?
In Object Explorer,connect to an instance of Database Engine and then expand that instance.