What is the use of VideoView in Android?
A VideoView allows us to play video files in Android. It can be used with any layout. I will be using ConstraintLayout as that is the current default layout in Android. The simplest way to play a video in your app is to use the VideoView class to play the video and the MediaController class as the UI to control it.
How do I add video to Android app?
Steps to embed video in your Android Application
- Open your Android project and create a new Android project.
- Create a new folder named “raw” in your Android project’s “res” folder and place your video file inside the “raw” folder.
- To add a video player in the activity_main.
- Write code to attach video to the VideoView.
How do I use calendar view?
This article shows how to create an android application for displaying the Calendar using CalendarView….Below are the steps for creating the Android Application of the Calendar.
- Step 1: Create a new project and you will have a layout XML file and java file.
- Step 2: Open your xml file and add CalendarView and TextView.
What is media controller in Android?
android.widget.MediaController. A view containing controls for a MediaPlayer. Typically contains the buttons like “Play/Pause”, “Rewind”, “Fast Forward” and a progress slider. It takes care of synchronizing the controls with the state of the MediaPlayer. The way to use this class is to instantiate it programmatically.
How can I make my own video player for Android?
Building a video player activity
- Create and initialize the media session.
- Set the media session callback.
- Set the media session’s media button receiver to null so that a media button event won’t restart the player when it is not visible.
- Create and initialize the media controller.
How do I change the calendar view on my Android?
You can switch views to see your whole day or multiple days.
- On your Android phone, open the Google Calendar app .
- In the top left corner, tap the Menu .
- Choose a view, like Schedule or Month. To see all your events, goals, and reminders in a list that’s broken up by day, choose “Schedule.”
How do I set calendar view in Android?
Step 1: Create a new project and you will have a layout XML file and java file. Your screen will look like the image below. Step 2: Open your xml file and add CalendarView and TextView. And assign id to TextView and CalendarView.
What class in Android can be used to play an audio file?
Android provides many ways to control playback of audio/video files and streams. One of this way is through a class called MediaPlayer. MediaPlayer mediaPlayer = MediaPlayer.
What is media controller?
What is set anchor view in Android?
In relative layout or in any view group, if we use so many attributes to position our view like: android:layout_alignTop , android:layout_alignBottom etc. In those attributes, we provide a view’s id to align our view. Like: android:layout_alignBottom=”@+id/add_btn” So, this given view is called as Anchor View.
What is videoview in Android?
Android videoview is a ui control used to display and play video files in android applications.Using videoview we can play 3gp, mp4 (H.263, H.264, H.264 codecs) formats.The source for videoview can be resource files, files in local storage or web Urls.
How to load a video file into videoview?
Create a folder named raw under res directory like res>raw .Now copy the video file and paste it inside the raw folder.As we mentioned above it should be 3gp or MP4 .Use below code to load the video file into videoview.
How do I control the playback of a video using videoview?
If a video is simply played using the VideoView class then the user will not be given any control over the playback of the video which will run until the end of the video is reached. This issue can be addressed by attaching an instance of the MediaController class to the VideoView instance.
What are attributes for a videoview with textureview and no attached control?
Example of attributes for a VideoView with TextureView and no attached control view: Interface definition of a callback to be invoked when the view type has been changed. Indicates video is rendering on SurfaceView. Indicates video is rendering on TextureView.