Why is my LaCie hard drive not showing up windows?
Try connecting the drive to a different port on the computer. If possible, try using a different cable. Try using the drive on a different computer. Verify the drive light is on.
How do I update my LaCie firmware?
To update the firmware:
- Go to www.lacie.com/support and click on the Downloads link.
- Select the most recent LaCinema Classic firmware download.
- Go to Browser view from the main menu.
- Select the Update folder and press the Play button to open it.
- Select update.
- When the firmware update is completed, the product will 6.
Can LaCie work on Windows and Mac?
LaCie Rugged SECURE is delivered formatted in exFAT for compatibility with both Windows and Mac computers. If you use the drive with only one type of computer, you can optimize file copy performance by formatting the drive in the native file system for your operating system—NTFS for Windows or HFS+ for Macs.
How do I use LaCie Mobile Drive on Windows?
Use the USB 3.1 (USB-C) cable to connect LaCie Mobile Drive to your computer. Use the USB 3.1 (USB-C) cable to connect LaCie Mobile Drive to your computer’s USB-C port. The setup process lets you: Register your LaCie Mobile Drive Get the most from your drive with easy access to information and support.
How do I format my LaCie hard drive Windows 10?
All connected storage devices, partitions or disk images are displayed in the left column. Select the LaCie hard drive in the left column. Click the Erase tab. Choose a format from the drop-down window.
How do I find my firmware on Windows 10?
In Windows 10:
- Right-click on your start button then select Device Manager from the pop up menu.
- Expand Disk Drives.
- Right-click on the SSD and select Properties.
- Select the Details tab then select Hardware lds from the drop down menu.
- The firmware revision will be listed at the end of the SSD part number on the top line.
Where is firmware installed?
Firmware is usually stored in special types of memory, called flash ROM. ROM is the acronym for Read-Only Memory, and this kind of memory should only be written once, usually by the manufacturer of the hardware that we are using.
Do I need to use LaCie Setup Assistant?
Important info: If you do not launch LaCie Setup Assistant or if you quit LaCie Setup Assistant after the formatting has begun, your drive will not be ready to use and will require manual formatting. Additionally, the user manual and utilities will not be available and must be downloaded from LaCie customer support.
Do you need to format LaCie hard drive?
Formatting erases everything on the storage device. LaCie highly recommends that you back up all data on your storage device before performing the steps below. LaCie is not responsible for any data lost due to formatting, partitioning, or using a LaCie storage device. Connect LaCie Portable SSD to your computer.
How do I format my LaCie drive for Mac and Windows?
- Make sure the storage device is connected to and mounted on the computer.
- Select Go > Utilities in the Finder menu bar.
- In the Utilities folder, double-click Disk Utility.
- Select the LaCie hard drive in the left column.
- Click the Erase tab.
- Choose a format from the drop-down window.
- Enter a name for the volume.