How do you make a sectional work in a small space?
1. Corner Placement. The most obvious arrangement for a sectional in a small room is to push an L-shaped couch right up into the far corner of the room, facing the TV or fireplace. This option opens up the room and maximizes seating without blocking off the flow from the adjacent room.
How small can a sectional be?
Most small sectionals are between 80″ and 100″ wide and 36″ to 40″ deep. Depth is measured from the back of the sofa to the end of the seat cushion. A chaise sofa may have a depth ranging from 60″ to 85″, measured from the back of the sofa to the end of the chaise.
What sizes do sectionals come in?
The most common dimensions for sofa/chaise type sectionals would include lengths of 78″ – 88″ for a three seat version. Another common sectional configuration consists of equal length left and right sections. The 5 seat sectional shown here measures 85″ x 85″ with a depth of 32″.
What size room do you need for a sectional?
Sectional Sofa (213-cm) sectional pieces together need a space that is 7 feet (213 cm) wide and 10 feet (305 cm) long, which is usually a significant portion of a room.
How do you maximize space in a small living room?
Small Living Room Ideas to Maximize your Space
- Add an illusion of space with mirrors.
- Design to emphasize the vertical.
- Distract with statement pieces.
- Use neutral color throughout.
- Keep the room feeling cozy.
- Make furniture multi-functional.
- Float a selection of furniture.
- Display artwork strategically.
Should I buy a sectional or a sofa?
In truth, the best option depends on the shape of the small room. Certain walls that have cut-ins or odd corners naturally lend themselves to a sectional. If the room has a lot of doorways and windows to work around, a couch is probably the best option. For spreading out in front of the TV, nothing beats a sectional.
What is the best quality sectional sofa?
– Our favorite loveseat: The Uppland is a classic loveseat– plush, sturdy, and comfortable. The design can fit any space, and the price is right. – Our favorite sectional sofa: The Kivik is a five-seater with a chaise. – Our favorite for flair: The Lindome is a vibrant blue, timeless sofa sure to catch everybody’s eye as they walk through your door.
Can You reupholster a sectional sofa?
You can update your existing sectional sofa by reupholstering it yourself and save a lot of money. Remove the old fabric from the sectional and set the pieces aside. Lay out the new fabric on a large, flat surface and pin the existing upholstery pieces onto it with the sewing pins. How much fabric do I need for a 3 seater sofa?
How to arrange furniture with a sectional sofa?
Extra Seating. Most sectional sofas provide more seating than a regular sofa.