How do I fix error code 1920?
In Windows Explorer: Right Click on the folder OfficeSoftwareProtection Platform from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared and Microsoft from C:Program data(hidden folder) Properties > Security > Edit > Add > Type Network Service > OK > Check the Full control box > Apply and OK.
How do I fix error 1920 in Office 2013?
Office 2013 Error 1920. Service Windows Font Cache Service (FontCache) failed to start
- Press Windows key+R.
- Enter Services. msc then press return.
- Scroll down alphabetically and find the service named Windows Font Cache Service.
- Double click it and set the start-up type to Automatic.
- Click apply.
What is error 1920?
A 1920 error is caused by a third party software or windows blocking Pro from accessing any of the default install ports used during installation.
What is Osppsvc EXE?
The genuine osppsvc.exe file is a software component of Microsoft Office by Microsoft Corporation. “Osppsvc.exe” is the Microsoft Office Software Protection Platform (OSPP) Service, first introduced with Office 2010 Service Pack 1 and now used by all versions of Office 2010, 2013, and 2016.
How do I start Windows font cache service?
Go to > Run > Services. msc > Enter or OK > scroll down to Windows Font Cache Service….. If it does not say that, left side, click Restart the service.
How do you fix Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services?
- Run gpedit.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies >User Rights Assignment.
- In the details pane, double-click Log on as a service.
- Click Add User or Group… and add the account to the list of accounts that have the Log on as a service right.
How do I fix Windows font cache service?
Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10
- Press Windows Key + R then type services.
- Scroll down till you find “Windows Font Cache service” in the services window.
- Right-click on Window Font Cache Service then selects Properties.
- Make sure to click on Stop then set the Startup type as Disabled.
- Click Apply, followed by OK.
Do I need Windows font cache service?
This is a valid program that is required to run at startup. If you require further assistance for this file, feel free to ask about in the forums. Windows service that optimizes performance of applications by caching commonly used font data. Applications will start this service if it is not already running.
How do I rebuild the font cache in Windows 10?
Should I disable Windows font cache service?
Stop the Service and Disable it as well. The Windows Font Cache Service optimizes the performance of applications by caching commonly used font data. Applications will start this service if it is not already running. It can be disabled, though doing so will degrade application performance.
How do I run as administrator format?
Click on Start, type “cmd” in the search bar. b. From the program list, right click on cmd.exe and choose “Run as Administrator”. Cd/ and hit enter, then type format and then type the letter of the drive which you want to format and hit enter.
How do I set up a service account?
Create a Windows service account with “Log on as Service”
- Navigate to Computer Management > Local Users and Groups > Users> Add a User.
- Next, navigate to Local Security Policies.
- Select Log on as Service > Properties.
- Then select Add User or Group and add the user.
How do I reset my font cache?
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog. Type services.
- Select the service named Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.
- Press Windows key + R.
- Click on the Continue button to gain permissions.
- Double-click on the sub-folder named Local.
- Reboot your computer.
How do I clear Microsoft font cache?
- Clear the font caches.
- On the Edit menu, click Select Duplicated Fonts.
- On the Edit menu, click Resolve Duplicates.
- To remove all the fonts from the computer that Font Book just disabled, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer.
- For best performance in Word, try to run with all your fonts enabled all the time.
How do I bypass formatting a disk?
Follow these steps:
- Press Win+R (the Window logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.
- Type cmd in the run box. Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type chkdsk : /f. Then press Enter key.
How do I restart a service without administrator?
In the list of services select the service Print Spooler and open its properties. Select the startup mode (Automatic) and click Edit Security. Using the Add button, add a user account or a group to grant permissions to. In our case, Start, stop and pause permission is enough.
What does service failed to start error 1920 mean?
( Service failed to start error 1920) But none of the above work. Hope that someone else has come across a similar issue and has a fix.. I have also tried the following: Show activity on this post. 1920 is a generic error code that means the service didn’t start. My hunch is this:
How do I resolve service errors during installation?
During installation while error is shown, go to Services.msc. Find the service which throws the error, then re-enter the password in the service’s log-in information. Then, hit “retry” in setup. It works. The error will not be shown for same user again.
How to solve Wix service failed to start error?
Open Event Viewer go to window logs->Application and look at the errors prior to this error it will give you the actual error you looking to solve Show activity on this post. In my case, the service failed to start because I didn’t set Platform=’x64′ in the wix file.
What does error 1920 1920 mean?
1920 is a generic error code that means the service didn’t start. My hunch is this: To confirm, with the installer on the abort, retry, ignore, cancel dialog up… go into services.msc and set the username and password manually.