How long is massage therapy school in Arizona?
To become a Licensed Massage Therapist in Arizona, you need to complete 700 hours of massage therapy school. If you graduate from an United States Department of Education accredited school in Arizona, such as ASIS Massage Education, you will be eligible for the license upon graduation—you do not need to take an exam.
How long does it take to become a spa therapist?
You can do an intermediate or advanced beauty therapist apprenticeship. These typically take between 15 and 18 months to complete as a mix of workplace learning and off-the-job study.
Do you need a license to massage in Arizona?
The State of Arizona and the Massage Board issue a license to individuals active in the massage industry for a period of two years, renewable with re-registration.
Is MBLEx required in Arizona?
The Arizona Board of Massage Therapy requires a massage therapist to be licensed. To obtain a license, a massage therapist must pass the MBLEx.
What qualifications do I need to work at a spa?
What experience and requirements will I need to gain employment as a Spa Therapist?
- Proven work experience as a Spa Therapist.
- Experience in massage techniques, other beauty treatments such as manicures, waxing, facials and body therapies.
- Sales and computer skills.
- Communication and customer service skills.
Are massage therapists licensed in Arizona?
Arizona massage therapists are licensed by the Arizona State Board of Massage Therapy. In order to be licensed, an individual must be at least eighteen years of age and must meet Arizona’s education and background check requirements.
What is the difference between massage and spa?
A spa is the hydrotherapy part offered while a massage is the physical therapy part offered. The two are always combined for people to achieve complete healing. Massage is offered by a therapist while a spa massage involves immersing yourself into a tub with mineralized water.
How do I become a spa therapist?
Spa Therapist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Licensed in massage therapy and cosmetology or aesthetics.
- Proven experience working as a spa therapist.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and different massage techniques.
What will I learn in massage therapy school?
– Students must be 18 years of age or older. – Have obtained a high school diploma (or equivalent). – Take a standardized placement test in the Academic Studies Center, in room 200 of the Kenneth B. Hurst Continuing Education Building . – Pay registration fee and required insurance at the time of registration. Orientation will be held on the first day of class.
Is massage therapy school worth it?
Massage therapy school is worth it because one cannot take a State licensure exam without demonstrating proof of education at a State-approved school. It is also important to work with experienced instructors to learn techniques that are safe and well adapted to your client’s overall health and condition.
How long does massage therapy school take to complete?
This means completing an accredited massage therapy program and then passing a nationally-recognized exam. Programs range from 300 to 1,000 hours of in-class instruction and practical training. This can translate to somewhere between a few weeks and two years depending on the structure of the program you enroll in.
Should you go to massage therapy school?
The standard pathway requires that a massage therapist have graduated from a school that was approved, and assigned a code, by the NCBTMB. If you don’t graduate from an assigned massage therapy school, it doesn’t necessarily mean you will never be a candidate for certification. But you will need to go through a portfolio review process.